Imunify360 4.2.8-1 updated
We are pleased to announce that the new Imunify360 version 4.2.8-1 is now scheduled for gradual roll-out from our production repository and will be available for all customers in about two weeks or less.
If you want to upgrade to the new Imunify360 version 4.2.8-1 right now, you can run the following commands:
Current release info
Rolled out to: 20%
Last updated: August 30, 2019 11am EST
- Starting from v4.2, Imunify360 supports ‘hooks’. This is a script-based interface for various application events, such as “malware-detected”, “malware-scanning”, “agent”, etc. This is a simple and effective way to automate Imunify360 alerts and event processing. For example, an administrator can have Imunify360 call a script when malicious files are detected or misconfigurations are detected.
- We have added new settings to limit the resource impact of malware scanning.
- We have introduced a new setting,
disable_user_ignore_list, that lets you hide the Ignore List tab for end users.
- The scanning engine has been enhanced with a new de-obfuscator and decryptor for encoded files.
- Statistics (number of incidents) are now correct in titles.
- Notifications about server security and Imunify360 configuration are shown, along with recommendations for making server security effective and proactive.
- The list of vendors was expanded and the verdict list enhanced.
- Performance is improved, and the scanning of malicious PHP has been optimized by using precompiled signatures.
- Event recording in the Blamer is improved, and new/de-duped events are not recorded.
- SSL processing is faster.
- We added a new option, “Manage CSF Events and Lists“, to enable/disable the integration between CSF and Imunify360.
- The support menu item can be hidden via settings (to be used by resellers of Imunify360, for example).
- Added OSSEC “Active Response” setting.
- Enhanced Imunify360 installation process, added slides with feature descriptions while the extension is deploying.
- Newsfeed imports all recent news from the blog.
- Updated translation of the UI.
- “Lists” item renamed to “Firewall” in the menu.
- Proactive Defence: Move
zzzzzzz-pecl.ini back to
alt-phpXX php.ini (bug)
- Proactive Defence: freezes PHP if Imunify360 config file is broken (bug).
- Fixed rare cases where the agent hangs on startup when integrated with CSF.
- Malware Scanner: We now cancel background scanning once settings are updated.
- UI fixes: Fixed the “Restore” link in the quarantine popup, and fixed the charts description in the Dashboard.
The full change log is below.
How to install
To install the new Imunify360 version 4.2.8-1 please follow the instructions in the documentation.
How to upgrade
yum update imunify360-firewall
apt-get install --only-upgrade imunify360-firewall